Need an office move and don’t know where to start? We know what you’re going through. That’s why the experts at Office Moving Chicago bring you the best Office Moving Checklist.
Office Moving Checklist
- Inventory. The first thing on any moving checklist is to make a list of all your belongings. This can be helpful when deciding how many boxes you need, how big a truck you should rent, and how to calculate your moving costs. The inventory will also be useful for insurance purposes.
- Contact the experts at Commercial Moving Chicago. It’s time to hire a company that fits your needs and your budget. Make sure the companies are licensed, insured and bonded in case something breaks.
- Purchase moving supplies. For moves across the country or within Chicago, it may be worth investing in sturdy boxes. Remember that you are moving valuable goods for your organization.
- Budget. Moving expenses can add up quickly, so it’s important to set a budget.
- Mail forwarding. Pick a date to have your mail forwarded. But be sure to pay any bills in advance. Register your business to receive electronic invoices or set up automatic payments.
- Update your mailing address. To avoid losing mail, be sure to change your address with the Postal Service.
- Pack ahead of time. It’s best to let professional movers handle this. A reputable moving company will offer the packing and unpacking service you need.
- Program. Most office moves take place over the weekend. Schedule the day and time.
- Advertise the move. Communicate with your employees and let them know the moving plan.
- Make a final inspection. Check that everything has been packed.
When moving your business, always hire qualified personnel. Remember that downtime can generate monetary losses to your business. Keep this list handy and always maintain contact with your moving company! We hope you have the best of luck in your new location.